Monday, September 8, 2008

The Haiku


I love a good haiku. That's right - a good old haiku.
If you don't know what a haiku is, let me bring you up to speed.

A haiku is a style of Japanese poetry that consists of three lines, having 5 syllables, 7 syllables and 5 syllables respectively, and none of these line really rhymes.

I know I am weird, but I think this form of poetry is so funny. It is so simple and basically stupid that I can't help but throw out a haiku now and then. Here is a sample of my haiku skills. I wrote these in class on Saturday. They were all relevant topics at the time.

Computer

My laptop just crashed
I paid a nerd to fix it
Norton is a scam.


Autumn

Fall is coming on
Change thy hue oh shaky leaf!
Soon you will be dead.


The Portly Child

Huffing and puffing
This slope mocks my every step
Curse my soft, pear shape


Lactose Intolerant

Is this your cheese sir?
It is as poison to me
This milk, curd and whey.



*Please submit your own haiku or two in the comment section. It is a liberating experience.
If enough people submit, we can make a contest out of it.

7 comments:

  1. Your haikus are great.
    Have you thought of publishing?
    I would buy your book.

    Incidentally,
    You should mandate all comments
    Be in haiku here

    ReplyDelete
  2. That idea is great!
    I wonder if brave readers
    will dare to haiku?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see the point
    Of commenting in Haiku
    What a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead monkeys don't laugh
    Hairy body motionless
    Poisoned banana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poisoned banana?!?
    I just shot Coke out my nose
    Sometimes humor hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give a little more detail on how to Haiku...

    Holy crap.
    Smelly yucky turd.
    Flushed in Jerusalem.


    Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has to be

    5 syllables,
    7 syllables,
    5 syllables.

    ReplyDelete