Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wal-Mart, You Inspire Me

Nearly every time I step into a Wal-Mart, I find my imagination wandering. For instance...
The other day when I was at Wal-Mart, I saw a lady buying an entire season of "Walker-Texas Ranger". And I thought to myself, I wonder what sort of conversation(s) this woman is having with her husband as they watch Chuck roundhouse his way out of one dangerous situation after another. "Oooh, look out Walker! Roundhouse him!" Better yet, roundhouse him in
slow-motion!!! "Boy, Walker always waits until all hope is lost to break out that roundhouse."

Then I started wondering what else she had wasted money on that month. ?.? The following list of obvious answers came to mind:
1. A turquoise bracelet, in-laid with last years elk ivories.
2. A camouflage vest for their pure-bred Blue Heeler.
3. Front row tickets to an Oakridge Boys, tribute-band concert at the
lions club.
4. A can of premium mustache wax.
5. And last but not least, a month supply of TV dinners (We've got a whole season of Walker to get through!)

3 comments:

  1. A XL size can of Rave hairspray. We've got to keep those bangs looking perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave says, and a season of Macgiver...(spelling?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quit talking about my momma like that.
    It was a 4 month supply of mustache wax.

    ReplyDelete