Wednesday, May 28, 2008

American Gladiators!!!

A few days ago my 4 year old and I stumbled across this little nugget of jaw dropping stupidity. And yet - I sat there watching every minute. Even after my 4 year old figured out that it was beneath him and lost interest, I stayed glued, unable to turn away. This show is just bad enough to keep you interested. The characters are so lame, but at the same time so serious. It's like Wrestle-Mania and Cirque Du Soleil got together and had some underdeveloped love-child.

At the heart of the show are the "Gladiators". Each one with a different theme an back story. The most painful of all of these to watch (and that's saying something) is bizarre fellow pictured above who calls himself "The Wolf". Where to start, where to start. Oh yes. Well, The Wolf apparently believes he is a real wolf of some sort and that he is actually hunting and killing the contestants. He has fangs and howls before or during each event to strike fear into the heart of his prey.

The following is taken Wolf's Bio on the AG website:


"When you enter Gladiator Arena keep an eye out for Wolf! Able to smell fear and always going for the jugular, Wolf is 230-pounds of primal fury. He will ferociously defend his turf... and thrives on the opportunity to sink his teeth into any challenge."


Oh I'll keep an eye out alright. The last thing I need is 230 pounds of "primal fury" bearing down on me... ferociously. No thank you Sir!

I encourage everyone within the sound of my voice to visit the AG website to check for local listings. I would love to know what you thought about the show.

P.S. Check out this video for a better understanding of just how dangerous "The Wolf" really is.

http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/video/#mea=250489

1 comment: